Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Unwrapped in a Smoothie Dilemma

Yesterday while we were waiting for Maghrib, me and Z watched Sweet Secrets Unwrapped with Marc Summers. We took turns listening to it with the headphones because the loudspeakers don't work. Then S came along. *SCREAM* We watched all the sweet secrets and then S wanted to watch Paula Deen. Paula doesn't have a deen.
H cut chunks of cheese for us to break our fast with. Mom had told me to make smoothies, and that's when the dilemma began.


~The Smoothie Dilemma~

Ummi told me to make smoothies so I did. I got raspberries and strawberries from the chest freezer in the garage. I got the blender out and everything. Ummi said I had to make Z's first. So then I piled the berries in the blender and then started pouring in the soy milk. But, the getah couldn't be found, so the milk spilt everywhere. *SCREAM*

***A few minutes later after calling Ummi from her exercising***

"Ayyayyaaa..." says mom.
"The rubber thing is gone." I say.
"Alamak..." says mom.
"Abi likes to take all the parts away," continues mom.
"Well..." says me.
(Mom opens a drawer and finds a different kind of blender, a hand blender.)


"Haa, use this," says mom. "It's a hand blender."

(I silently sigh with relief and pour the berry+soymilk mess into the cup, and then mom hand-blends it up. It turns into a nice pink glob of gluten free smoothie.)
"Haa, get a cup lah!" says mom.

(About to get a cup until - )

"Eh, actually I thought you were going to add his yogurt?" says mom.
"Emm..no," I say.
"Eh, letak lah!" she insists.
"M'kay."
(I open the fridge and get out his nasty soy yogurt. I take a spoon and spoon it in. Then mom blends it some more, and now it is finally done.)

"Haa, pour it into a cup and give it to Z," says mom.

(I pour it into a tall green cup and place @ Z's place @ the dining table.)

"Haa, Z! Your smoothie! Go get a straw!" says mom.

(Z goes 'n' gets a straw, and I start making our smoothie.)

(I pour more berries in the cup and blend it. I add our yogurt. Then it is done. Another pink glob. It's really globby and doesn't slide a bit when I attempt to pour it in a cup. So I take a spoon and spoon it in. Then I try to slurp it up, but the globbiness makes an effect on me trying to drink it. It is not very sweet, but good enough.)

(H drinks the smoothie and I think he sorta kinda likes it but he insists on adding sugar next time.)

That is the end of the smoothie dilemma story. I am going to try and make another smoothie today, this time with a little sugar. Oh, and I forgot the flaxseed.

N

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE getting comments, so put 'em here!