Friday, August 3, 2012

The Competition

It wasn't how I expected it to be.
It was cacat.

Well, first of course, we went to the masjid. On the way, we picked up Abi and he sat in the backseat with me and Z. Then we got to the masjid. Abi took some time to get out of the van from the backseat.

Ummi, S, Z and I went into the women's side and sat down in the musalla. In a few minutes people came, and after the khutbah we prayed, obv, and then people started getting ready for the judging. It was in the cole ole classroom. Me and Sandy were participating. My other friend R was not in because she decided to let others have a chance. o_o

So first, a girl went, and then another girl went, and then it was Sandy's turn. Apparently after some tussling, it seemed to me she was nervous. So like, she went, and then it was my turn. I read the surah while sweating quite badly. Then I was done and went to mom and S and Joycie who were all grinning.

"You did good!" they said.
"Not my best," I said.

After that it was the little kids' turn. Hl went and read Surah Ikhlas, and then another kid named Dani read Surah Lahab and Nas. They were quite good, actually. After that, me, Sandy, and R went outside. S came out later with Z. S and Sandy talked together under the tree and me and R went on the swings. Then it was time to leave. We had some trouble thinking if we should leave H there or not, because he was being judged after Asr...so S called Abi and Abi said to just leave H there. After a bit mroe confusion we did leave him there. Then we came home.

And now my tummy is churning and growling. And my arm is still fuzzy.

N

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE getting comments, so put 'em here!