Friday, July 20, 2012

Ramadan Day #1

Hold on. This is yesterday's post. Read it before today's.

THURSDAY, JULY 19, 2012
Today was a big day. I had to go to the masjid for a Girls' Club meeting. We were gonna talk about preparing for Ramadan, our Ramadan goals and our duas. The girls were all bored to death, which was annoying. We all had to say what we liked about Ramadan, and they all mostly said, "because of the food." Seriously! The fatties these days! At least there was one girl who said she likes Ramadan because her mom doesn't force her to eat. But that's still bad. The point of Ramadan is not just about eating, as you know. Anyway, then we wrote down our goals and dua on paper (well what else would we write on?) using Sharpie markers. Then we played with H's hefty friend named Kylie in the men's side. It was fun! Nobody was there, practically. So then we went home and ate dinner, and then we went to 'The Hill' for moon sighting. So we found out that Ramadan was going to be on Friday. Tomorrow. Then we prayed Tarawih and Witr at the Masjid, and then S and I went to the masjid's library to practice Surah Al-Mulk for the Ramadan Quran competition. The End.

N
_______________________________________________________________

And now, here is today's post.

FRIDAY, JULY 20, 2012
Today, after Fajr, we listened to H read Surah Al-Kahf. His reading was SO horrible, I slept through it!!! Just kidding. He just read it, and I nodded my head. I hate that. Anyway, then we listened to a lecture about Surah Al-Kahf. Then we discussed our Quran schedule. I was going to read two pages of Quran a day after every prayer, starting from Al-Fatihah. So I went downstairs with my bazaar bought Quran, and read the first two pages. Then I had to go find the translation for the two pages that I read. This is what I got.

Surah Al-Fatihah translation. From this website. Dar-us-Salam.

1. Surah Al-Fatihah

In the Name of Allah, The Most Gracious, Most Merciful

1. In the Name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful.

2. All the praises and thanks be to Allah, the Lord of the 'Alamin (mankind, jinns and all that exists).

3. The Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful.

4. The Only Owner (and the Only Ruling Judge) of the Day of Recompense (i.e. the Day of Resurrection)

5. You (Alone) we worship, and You (Alone) we ask for help (for each and everything).

6. Guide us to the Straight Way

7. The Way of those on whom You have bestowed Your Grace, not (the way) of those who earned Your Anger (such as the Jews), nor of those who went astray (such as the Christians).

And for Surah Al-Baqarah. First five ayahs.

Surah Al-Baqarah (The Cow)

In the Name of Allah, The Most Gracious, Most Merciful

1. Alif-Lam-Mim. [These letters are one of the miracles of the Qur'an and none but Allah (Alone) knows their meanings].

2. This is the Book (the Qur'an), whereof there is no doubt, a guidance to those who are Al-Muttaqun [the pious and righteous persons who fear Allah much (abstain from all kinds of sins and evil deeds which He has forbidden) and love Allah much (perform all kinds of good deeds which He has ordained)].

3. Who believe in the Ghaib and perform As-Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat), and spend out of what we have provided for them [i.e. give Zakat , spend on themselves, their parents, their children, their wives, etc., and also give charity to the poor and also in Allah's Cause - Jihad, etc.].

4. And who believe in (the Qur'an and the Sunnah) which has been sent down (revealed) to you (Muhammad Peace be upon him ) and in [the Taurat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel), etc.] which were sent down before you and they believe with certainty in the Hereafter. (Resurrection, recompense of their good and bad deeds, Paradise and Hell, etc.).

5. They are on (true) guidance from their Lord, and they are the successful.


N



No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE getting comments, so put 'em here!