Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Terrariums

H finished making the terrarium today. S and I transferred our hornworms from jar to terrarium. My terrarium was an old cardboard shelf, with some modifications by S. H made a real nice one with windows on the sides. And it was big.

First, we went to the backyard to dig up some good dirt. S piled it up in the terrarium. Then we went back inside and out to the front yard to get some leaves and decorations. And to plop the caterpillar in. After we were done with everything, we sat back and admired our work. Then we took the terrariums in and put them in the sunroom. H's still didn't have a terrarium to go in, so like a few hours later after all that, we took H's caterpillar out of its jar and let it walk around some. Then, S got called into the house, so I remained out. Our room is the closest to the front yard and its window is next to the door. So I could see S in our room through the window. S told me to put it on the window. I put it there and it started crawling. Then Abi came back from work and saw the caterpillar on the window.
"I hope you guys don't get rashes from touching it," he said rudely.
"We won't get rashes," I said.
"Oh!" he said surprisedly.

So that is the story of the terrariums.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE getting comments, so put 'em here!